Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lawn mowing?

Well...bought that new lawnmower a while ago (first of spring).  Mowed twice...everything died, haven't mowed since.  We got some rain and I'll be danged if the yard greened right up!  Hard to believe.  So I broke out the mower and mowed...for the third time this year.  Wow!  Then I weed eated and edged and didn't take that long.  Then I notice some big old tree growing in my bushes so I figured I'd do some trimming while I was at it.  Did too.  But...half way through that 4 inch across tree my battery died.  Recharged I charged into it again.  Dang that tree was one dense sucker and wet too.  I was huffing and puffing so I decided to take a little break.  Been a hour now and I ain't made it back out there. 

Can you say "Procrastination!"  But I'll be danged if its gonna win!  Just ain't figured out just when I'll claim victory.  Did discover them danged bushes claimed first blood.  Back of my hand looked like raw hamburger.  The older you get the easier you bleed and then don't know how it happened.  Who was it that said "old age ain't for sissies"?

Windy

2 comments:

  1. Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow. You know, tomorrow may never come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is very simple to read and appreciate without leaving any details out. Great work! Lawn Mowers For Hills,

    ReplyDelete