Monday, September 12, 2011

Grey matter is important!

I have been suffering from a rare malady that I knew nothing about until the first time it reared its ugly head and slapped me down a peg or two.  The technical name is BPPV short for Benign Proxysmal Positional Vertigo.  It makes the room spin around.  Well, I've got it again.  Its caused (supposedly) by a piece of calcium breaking loose in the inner ear and floating around causing all kinds of hell.  There is no remedy for the stuff but some head twisting exercize to try and lodge the calcium back into place somewhere.  I will say that motorcycle riding and the world spinning around are not a good combination.  But I am confident in knowing that it will subside and leave me waiting for the next time it occurs.  Thank goodness there was about a year since the last time.  It ain't funny, but I'll survive I hope.  Also survived the expedition into the wild with 7 kids 4 years and under up Oklahoma way.  We just thought we were wearing them out...it was us that wore out.  One youngster got sick and went home with parents early Sunday.  The rest of us decided that we needed a day of rest before heading off to work again on Tuesday so we cut our trip short and came home Sunday afternoon.  It was still enjoyable, just tiring.  All rested now and looking forward to the next time.
Windy

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm the one that is suppose to be dizzy, not you (grin).

    ReplyDelete